I’ve been writing professionally since about 2006. My main educational background is in philosophy, which I’ve studied at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and have taught, examined and written about for students and the general reader. From 2000 until 2016 I ran the website Philosophy Online, to support fellow teachers, students and those new to philosophy.
I’ve written eight books to date:
- Philosophy in 100 Quotes (forthcoming, Quid, 2019)
- What Would Marx Do? (Cassell, 2018)
- 50 Philosophy of Science Ideas You Really Need to Know (Quercus, 2013)
- Philosophy: Key Texts (2nd Ed) (Palgrave Macmillan, 2012) – with Julian Baggini
- Philosophy: Key Themes (2nd Ed) (Palgrave Macmillan, 2012) – with Julian Baggini
- Words of Wisdom (Quercus, 2011)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil (Wiley-Blackwell, 2008)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Descartes’s Meditations (Wiley-Blackwell, 2007)
I have also published various articles on a range of topics.
For tutoring, writing related queries or commissions, please contact me through the form.
- PhD, University of Wales, Newport, 2008: “Redefinitions of Death”.
- PGCE (FE), Swansea Institute of HE, 1999.
- BA (Jt. Hons) English and Philosophy, University of Wales, Swansea, 1995.
- Examiner, WJEC, GCSE and ‘A’ Level Religious Studies, 2010 – 2014.
- Examiner, AQA, ‘A’ Level Philosophy, 2005 – 2008.
- Freelance philosophy tutor, via Philosophy Online, 2000 – 2016.
- Lecturer, ‘A’ Level Philosophy, Swansea College, 1999 – 2005.