I’ve been writing professionally since about 2006. My main educational background is in philosophy, which I’ve studied at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and have taught, examined and written about for students and the general reader. Since 2000 I’ve run the website PhilosophyOnline, to support fellow teachers, students and those new to philosophy.
I’ve published six books to date:
- 50 Philosophy of Science Ideas You Really Need to Know
- Philosophy: Key Texts (2nd Ed) – with Julian Baggini
- Philosophy: Key Themes (2nd Ed) – with Julian Baggini
- Words of Wisdom
- A Beginner’s Guide to Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil
- A Beginner’s Guide to Descartes’s Meditations
I have also published various articles on a range of topics.
For writing related enquiries, please contact/CC my agent, Caroline Hardman, at Hardman & Swainson.
- PhD, University of Wales, Newport, 2008: “Redefinitions of Death”
- PGCE (FE), Swansea Institute of HE, 1999.
- BA (Jt. Hons) English and Philosophy, University of Wales, Swansea, 1995.
- Examiner, WJEC, GCSE and ‘A’ Level Religious Studies, 2010 – 2014.
- Examiner, AQA, ‘A’ Level Philosophy, 2005 – 2008.
- Freelance philosophy tutor, via Philosophy Online, 1999 – 2013.
- Lecturer, ‘A’ Level Philosophy, Swansea College, 1999 – 2005.